June 28, 2019
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots, which became a catalyst for the grassroots LGBTQ rights movement.
All are welcome to this family-friendly event!
Activities begin at the corner of Stonewall Avenue and W. 29th Street (between Semmes and Riverside).
Schedule starting at 6:30pm:
- Displays and activities
- History of the Stonewall Riots and subsequent Pride events
- Memorial board for those lost to AIDS
- “What Rights are Important to You?”
- Face painting and sidewalk chalk art for youngsters and young at heart
- Musical performances
- Presentation on the history of the Stonewall Riots
- Moment of Silence for those lost to AIDS and others who did not live to see this stage of the LBGTQ rights movement
- Parade along a short stretch of Stonewall Ave (BYO glowsticks and kazoos!)
Rain Date: Saturday June 29th