June 13, 2019
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
611 W 31st St, Richmond, VA 23225
Join us for our Woodland Heights Civic Association meeting.
Make sure you’ve registered or renewed your membership prior to the meeting so you can join us for a neighborhood social for current members before our meeting begins. Additionally, meeting attendees must be members to vote on business items during the meeting.
Member Social 6:30 pm – Woodland Heights Civic Association members can enjoy free pizza from Ironclad Sports Bar and Grill from 6:30-7:00 p.m. Water provided.
Business Meeting 7:00 – 8:30 pm
– Welcome and Updates
– Treasurer’s Report
• Sponsorship request for Music in the Park at Forest Hill Park.
– Public Safety Update*
Invited to provide updates and answer questions:
• Captain Jason Hudson, 2nd Precinct
• Lt. Lewis Mills, 2nd Precinct
• Lt. Brian Prendergast, 3rd Precinct
• Captain Michael Bender, community, youth and intervention services
• Sgt. Carol Adams
• Chris Frelke, parks, recreation and community facilities
*Note that due to time constraints, this will be a brief discussion about public safety and gun violence in our neighborhoods. This is intended to be a start to a conversation to improve public safety. We will ask public officials to join us at a later date to speak at length with our community members.
– Community Presentations
• Request for Support of Zoning Variance, Patrick Henry Charter School (Kylan Shirley)
• Request for Support of Zoning Variance, property at 31st and Porter Sts. (David Gammino)
Review previous meeting minutes.